Pearls of rice with tomato sauce 2 – Recipe for a blooming heart
If somebody knew the meaning of love, that was my grandma Camerina. She devoted herself fully to her family, from the moment she said yes to my grandpa Heriberto. Always with a blooming smile, as if spring was always around her.
Chlorophyll ran through her veins. She loved plants & flowers so much, maybe because just like her they flourish against adverse situations. I decided to share this recipe In honour of her many tears, I named this recipe ”Pearls of rice ”. She knew how to make the most wonderful dishes with humble ingredients, such as rice, tomatoes, eggs, and spicy peppers.
INGREDIENTS PEARLS - 12 MEDIUM ONES:
1/2 cup of ground rice
Whipped 1 big egg white
1 big egg yolk
Oil of preference for frying
Hard cheese of preference (this is my addition)
400 gr of tomatoes
1/2 medium onion
1 small garlic clove
Dried chill (if you like a touch of spicy flavor)
1 stock cube
1. Mix ground rice with whipped egg white and egg yolk.
2. Make the rice pearls and add a small cube of cheese of 0.5 cm in the centre.
3. Add the oil the pan and heat to medium flame.
4. Fry the pearls in both side until they will achieve a golden colour.
5. Add to a plate with kitchen paper to dry from the oil.
1. Cut the onion and the garlic clove to small pieces.
2. Cook them on a pan until they will be a bit translucent.
3. Add the tomatoes cut in half to the pan.
4. Allow to cook for 5 min.
5. Add a cup of water and wait until hot.
6. Add stock cube of preference and allow to cook for another 5 min.
7. Add the mix to the food processor.
8. Put it back to the pan and bring to boil for a fer minutes, then add the rice pearls.
9. Cook with low fire the rice pearls and the salsa for 25 to 30 min.
10. Serve to the plate with some for the salsa.
“The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all.”
When you have perseverance in life, no matters what it comes, and are faithful to the things that make your heart blossom this is only when you will be able to develop your true essence.
FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY BY: FOSCA & KRYSTAL
STYLING: FOSCA & KRYSTAL
TEXT & RECIPE: KRYSTAL